About Us – A brief history
St. Patrick’s Church was founded in 1924 as the fourth parish in Council Bluffs. Building began on June 1, 1925. Despite the Great Depression, St. Patrick’s continued to grow and develop through those tumultuous times. The first annual report, in 1937, shows 119 families registered as parish members.
Fast-forward to the new millennium. A St. Patrick’s school was built and decades later merged into St. Albert’s schools. Major renovations on the inside and outside of the church. And now a new church is being built to serve the over 850 registered families.
To read more about the amazing history of St. Patrick’s parish, view our History page.
To view the St. Patrick’s Archive on the history of both St. Patrick’s church, its accompanying parish school, and other local parishes take a look at the Parish Archive.